You know how every once in a while sitcoms will do a clip show? Where they take clips from old shows and piece them together to create a whole new show? It usually involves the characters sitting around and talking, and then “remembering” something that happened. They sit and stare off into the distance while the camera does some wavy nostalgic thing, and then the clip is shown.
Well, here is my own clip show. Here is a series of Facebook stati I have posted in the past little while. Just imagine me sitting on the couch, staring of into space and “remembering”.
- Every time I serve split pea soup for dinner, the entire meal is filled with giggles and smirks.
- Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.
- The kidlets made dinner tonight. Sloppy Joes and fries. This is the beginning of a beautiful, beautiful thing.
- Outside sources have confirmed what I have long suspected: I’m kind of a brat. :0)
- I have horrible depth perception. Normally it is just Davey who gets to enjoy this as I gasp or grab on for dear life when a car a mile away steps on the brakes. Today, though, some of my neighbors got a real treat. I was out for a walk when two cars came thisclose to colliding. I jumped out of the way and put my hands up to my head in alarm… then I realized the cars were not close at all and everyone was laughing at me. Maybe I should go get my eyes checked.
- Jeremy: Mom, why is it called Good Friday if something bad happened…well wait, it wasn’t exactly bad because… Oh. I get it! Nevermind. – Faith like a child.
- Micah at dinner tonight: This is an opinion, not a fact – I have the coolest mom in the world.
- Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face,and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace.
- Me: Alexis, why did you spit apple juice on Jeremy? Alexis: Because he tried to use the Force on me. He said, “You will not spit juice at me.” I had to prove that the Force doesn’t work on me. – So… the jury is still out on whether this is a bigger parenting fail or Star Wars geek win.
- I love my husband.
- JarJar: The moon is supposed to look like a banana, but it’s full tonight. That’s why it looks like a circle, Mama. But it’s supposed to look like a banana. – Nature walks with Jar.
- Pot roast in the slow cooker all day. At some point during the day, and I’m thinking quite early, one of my helpers decided to flip it to high instead of low. So… tonight we had a fantastic dinner of beef jerky, mashed potatoes, carrots, rolls, and gravy. Lots and lots of gravy.
- Tonight at dinner J asked us all to name our favorite baseball players. Jar yelled out, “TEBOW!” Close enough, little man.
- I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said, “Fresh” and it had dice in the mirror.
And there you have it. There’s my life in a nutshell. My kids are awesome, our family uses a lot of nicknames, and I’m kind of a dork.
But I love Jesus. I love my husband. And, yeah, I love my life.
See you tomorrow.